“Wemeiusour”–the acronym for “We-Me-I-Us-Our” (and pronounced we-MAY-uh-sour) is a dreaded affliction found in most marketing and sales campaigns that paralyzes prospects and completely eliminates the possibility of engaging them.
How can you recognize Wemeiusour?
Symptoms include a tendency to focus on:
- The solutions “we” offer
- “Our” features
- What makes “us” special
Dangerous side effects include:
- Weak response and conversion rates
- Flaccid sales cycles
- Embarrassing sales close rates
- Uninspired revenue growth
How to rid your marketing and sales of Wemeiusour forever:
- Have open-ended “curiosity calls” with customers and prospects in a non-sales context.
- Ask questions your competitors aren’t asking.
- Understand the real problems they have–which may be different than the problems you think you solve.
- Listen for the real language they use–notice the lack of jargon and marketing-speak.
If you’re serious about eradicating Wemeius, download the Customer Re-Discovery Playbook to discover what your target audience ISN’T telling you–and how to leverage those insights to improve the relevance of your messaging.